“To live, love and learn with the guidance of God.”
St. Mary’s Catholic Voluntary Primary Academy is a Catholic School. We share our beliefs in celebrating the Christian way of life in prayer and worship. We value the children entrusted to our care.
Through mutual support and cooperation, we strive to meet the spiritual, pastoral and academic needs of our children and our community.
We strive for excellence in all we do.
Our vision is to educate children in the spirit of the Gospel values and the traditions of the Catholic Church, nurturing the talents and potential of each individual.
To fulfil the Church’s mission to evangelise and make Christ known to all, St. Mary’s Catholic Voluntary Primary Academy is committed to:
- providing an education with Christ at the centre and a strong sense of Catholic identity meeting the spiritual needs of all;
- being a welcoming, compassionate community, where all are equally loved and valued for who they are;
- being an affirming, challenging educational community committed to the search for excellence for all;
- working together as a family community, and with the Diocese of Middlesbrough, to ensure the best possible Catholic education for our young people;
- working in partnership with other local schools, education providers and stakeholders in order to enhance the quality of provision for all;
- living out the social teaching of the Church, and thereby promote community cohesion.
At St Mary’s, our Christian values of Grateful, Generous, Compassionate, Loving, Honest, Wise, Curious and Hopeful are at the core of all we do. Each of our classes champions one of these values and studies it in depth – sharing their ideas with the rest of the school through assemblies.
In addition to our Christian values we also promote our ‘British Values’ through our spiritual, moral, social and cultural education which permeates through the schools’ curriculum and supports the development of the ‘whole child’. We recognise that such development is most successful when those values and attitudes are promoted by all the staff and provide a model of behaviour for our pupils.
St Mary’s Pupil Profile
Pupils in St Mary’s school are growing to be . . .
Grateful for their gifts of the Holy Spirit, for the gift of other people, and for the blessings of each day.
Generous with their gifts, becoming good citizens for others.
Compassionate towards others, near and far, especially those most in need.
Loving by their just actions and forgiving words.
Honest in what they say of themselves and what they say to others.
Wise in the ways they use their learning for the common good.
Curious about the world around them and to be active in the life of the school, the church and the wider community.
Hopeful for themselves and the world, changing what they can for the better.
A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so must you love one another”