Positive Behaviour Policy
St Mary’s Primary Academy is an inclusive and caring school providing every opportunity for children, staff and families at the heart of the community where everyone will be valued and nurtured
At St Mary’s, we aim to create a calm, caring, safe environment in which pupils can work towards achieving their full potential. Class teachers are responsible for the duty of care towards children. A high duty of care is ensured through the collaborative work of the Governing Body, Parents, Head Teacher, Deputy Head Teacher, Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Office Staff, Lunchtime Supervisors, Cooks, Site Manager and anyone else working on site.
St. Mary’s is at the heart of the faith community. Christ is seen at the centre of our work, as everything that happens in our school has the potential to speak of God’s loving care for each individual. It is the caring attitude of all members of our school community that creates the unique nature of St. Mary’s Primary Academy. We are a school with high expectations and aspirations for all pupils and we celebrate our commitment to inclusion. All adults in school have an important responsibility to model high standards of behaviour, both in their dealings with the children and with each other. As adults we aim to:
- create a positive climate with realistic expectations
- emphasise the importance of being valued as an individual within the group
- promote, through example, honesty and courtesy
- provide a caring and effective learning environment
- encourage relationships based on kindness, respect and understanding ofthe needs of others
- ensure fair treatment for all regardless of age, gender, race, ability anddisability
- show appreciation of the efforts and contribution of all.