We worked as a whole school to embed our core values and pedagogy throughout our curriculum. As St. Mary’s is a Catholic school, we see faith at the very heart of everything we do. We also wanted to encompass as many first hand experiences for our children as possible, ensuring that they embrace opportunities to become life long learners.
By involving all staff and children, we have designed a localised curriculum that is broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated to provide for the range of abilities of the children in our care. This encompasses a variety of exciting, first-hand experiences to enable children to acquire appropriate skills, knowledge and understanding preparing them for today’s world. Through the provision of a stimulating environment, children will develop to their full potential academically, socially and physically. Parents are kept up to date about curriculum issues by means of a curriculum newsletter sent out each term by individual teachers. A copy of all year groups’ curriculum news is available below.
- RE Policy.pdf pdf980.3 KbMar 14th, 2019
- Reading in St Marys.pdf pdf87.6 KbMar 11th, 2019
- KS2 Year 5 + Year 6.pdf pdf146.8 KbMar 11th, 2019
- KS2 Year 3 and Year 4.pdf pdf141.6 KbMar 11th, 2019
- KS1.pdf pdf137.9 KbMar 11th, 2019
- The Importance of Reading to the Curriculum.pdf pdf46.2 KbMar 11th, 2019
- Essentials Content.pdf pdf262.6 KbMar 11th, 2019